UPSC IES/ISS Exam Selection Process Details: Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Examination. The following is the Selection Process of IES/ISS Exam.
Selection Procedure: Selection Procedure followed by UPSC is explained below in form of various stages of Recruitment Procedure…
1. Written Examination
2. Interview/ Personality Test
Written Exam: Written exam will be conducted for 1000 marks.
1. The time duration for Statistics-I, II in Indian Statistical Service will be 2 hours.
2. The time duration for remaining subjects will be 3 hours.
3. General English and General Studies carries 100 marks each and remaining subjects carries 200 marks for each subject.
4. There will be negative marking for the wrong answers. The candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for interview.
1. The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/her career.
2. The object of the interview is to assess his/her suitability for the Service for which he/she has competed.
3. The interview is intended to supplement the written examination for testing the general and specialized knowledge and abilities of the candidate. The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross examination, but of a natural, through directed and purposive conversation, intended to reveal mental qualities of the candidate and his/her grasp of problems. The Board will pay special attention to assessing the intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgement and alertness of mind, the ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiation and capacity of leadership.